DCAS Scholarship Overview
Enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college or university, to commence no later than the fall of 2020. Full-time study is defined as full-time enrollment and attendance for the entire 2020-2021 academic year.
The application deadline for the 2020 scholarship is MAY 11, 2020 at 4:00 PM, or a postmark bearing the same date. There are no exceptions.
NYSAAF & NYSSA Scholarships Overview
2020 NYSAAF and NYSSA Scholarship Application – visit www.nyfairs.org
The website www.nyfairs.org offers a complete list of member fairs. NYSAAF and NYSSA offer an annual scholarship program which is available to students who are New York State residents, who currently are (or have previously been) active in a fair that is a member of the NYSAAF or the NYSSA and who plan to attend (or already attend) college in pursuit of a degree. The fair where you have been active or the NYSSA must endorse your application and will submit it for you.
New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs Applicants
Applications submitted through the NYSAAF should be submitted to your local fair. Applicants may submit only one application.
New York State Showpeople’s Association Applicants
Applications submitted through the NYSSA should be submitted to: Sarah McAndrew, Secretary NYSSA, 12 Point View Dr. Central Square, NY 13036. Applicants may submit only one application.
Applicant must be in his/her senior year of high school in New York State or be a New York State resident already attending college and planning to pursue or already pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher learning.
Request for Donations
The Dutchess County Fairgrounds is proud to support the efforts of organizations and is pleased to consider a donation request from eligible organizations.
Please note the following information on our donation program:
- The Fairgrounds only makes donations to organizations that are certified as non-profit under section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code. The Fairgrounds requires the IRS’s determination letter as proof of 501(c)(3) status.
- Our customary donation is 4 daily admission tickets to the Dutchess County fair. These tickets are valid for weekday-only admission and are not redeemable on weekends.
- The request must be received at least four weeks prior to the event date.
- One request per organization will be accepted within a calendar year.
- Requests are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Since the Dutchess County Fairgrounds has a limited allocation of admission tickets for donations, and due to the large volume or requests that are received, it may not be possible to support all requests.
- Donations must be picked up at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds Administration Building unless other arrangements are made.
- Donations will only be released to an employee of the requesting organization; when picking up tickets bring a copy of the donation confirmation email sent from the Dutchess County Fair.
- Tickets for grandstand concerts or other special events are not available for donation. The Dutchess County Fairgrounds does not make monetary donations.
Download the Request for Donations form here to assist your organization in submitting a donation request. This form will help provide a more timely response to requests through electronic communications.
If you have additional questions or need more information about our donation program, please contact the Dutchess County Fairgrounds via email at email@example.com or call 845.876-4000.