For six days each August, the bucolic fairgrounds on Route 9 in Rhinebeck plays host to nearly half a million patrons. The second largest county fair in New York State is the showplace for agriculture in Dutchess County. Over 144 +/- acres of finely manicured gardens and grass create the beautiful setting for thousands of farm animals, agricultural exhibits and horticultural displays.
The fairgrounds becomes an entertainment destination where big name talent can be enjoyed, “thrill a minute” excitement can be experienced at one of the finest carnivals in the entire country, free shows and attractions can be viewed almost constantly from the time you arrive to the time you leave. The tradition of excellence that has been the Dutchess County Fair for over 170 years offers something for everyone and creates memorable moments that will be cherished for a lifetime.
Think Safety First
We want your trip to the fair to be just as safe as this visit to our website. We provide the following to guarantee a SAFE and fun filled visit:
- Handicapped parking
- Lighted parking lots
- State Police & Lost Children Center
- Clean and supervised restrooms
- First Aid Building with satellite and mobile units throughout the fairgrounds
- Uniformed security throughout the fairgrounds
- Carnival Supervisory Staff on the midway with radio contact to Fair Security
- Rock & Rest Nursing Mothers Tent
- Maps of the fairgrounds containing daily event schedules and emergency and first aid contact/location information are available at each of the entrance gates
- When visiting the fair with children, be sure to have a predetermined meeting spot in the event you get separated.